We took a tour of The Pier House today. The area is still heavily under construction and they only had one unit available for us to peek at. We met with Megan who was very nice and seemed genuinely excited about this new property. Overall it seems like it will be a nice place to live. We did have a few comments and some concerns that we will note in this blog.
The Pier House is going to open up in 5 phases. Building 1 is opening this June, building 4 this July, building 2 (the largest building) will open in two phases. The first in August and the second in September, and then the last building, building 3, opens in October. You can clearly see the pool, a fire pit, a fountain, and gas grills on this map.
We were able to tour "The Cayman". Where they come up with these names for each style unit is beyond us but we assume we are supposed to feel like we are in the Cayman Islands. See below for pictures of the unit and the floor plan with pricing.
Overall it seems like it will be a nice place and great new addition to the neighborhood. A couple of things to note.
- The building will have elevators.
- They are pet friendly and will allow up to two dogs per unit with a total max weight of 100 lbs. There is a $300 pet fee and you have to pay an extra $20/month for "pet rent".
- You get 2 parking spots with each unit.
- Trash is included.
- Cable in NOT included. Tenants will be able to chose from Brighthouse or Verizon.
- Units do NOT come with any pre-installed security.
- While they do have some retail space none of it has been officially leased out yet.
If you want a tour or are interested in renting, please call them at 813-501-3900. They have over 160 tours scheduled this week alone so there is a lot of interest to check out these new units.